Rabbi, Temple Micah, Denver, Colorado (1997-2003)
I was the solo rabbi of this small urban congregation. My responsibilities included preaching; officiating at services and life cycle events; teaching adults and children; supervising religious school director and involvement in all aspects of religious school; creating adult education programming; board and committee development; outreach and conversion work; interfaith and Jewish community involvement; counseling. The community and religious school tripled in size during my tenure. I left this position due to health issues.
Assistant Rabbi, Congregation Emanuel, Denver Colorado (1995-1997)
My responsibilities at this large congregation, my first pulpit out of rabbinical school, included preaching; officiating at services and life cycle events; teaching adults and children; directing the Confirmation program; involvement in all aspects of the religious school; supervising staff; creating programs including Rosh Hodesh programming and young adult community; outreach and conversion work including coordination of the Introduction to Judaism classes.
- Member, NAMIColorado, 2022-
- Mental Health Outreach: I am working with Jewish congregations and organizations and other religious communities from the bima, as well as working with committees, religious schools, seniors, and other groups about how to better include the mentally ill and their families (since 2016) (see Mental Health Work page)
- Member, Rocky Mountain Rabbinical Council (since 1995); Secretary (1999-2000): Vice President (2000-2002)
- Member, CCAR Committee on Inclusion and Disability Awareness (2004- present)
- Member Editorial Board, SHERM Socio-Historical Examination of Religion and Ministryhttps://www.shermjournal.org (since 2019)
- Member, Denver Area Interfaith Clergy Council (since 1995)
- Dean, Denver Institute for Jewish Studies (1998-2000)
- Chair, Seeking Common Ground (bringing together Israeli, Palestinian, and American girls to learn from one another) (1995 – 1997)
- Board Member, Herzl Jewish Day School (1996 – 1998)
- Board Member, Central Agency for Jewish Education (1995-1999)